PixelArt fun

On July 12, 2011, in programación, by sergio

This post has been moved here

14 Responses to “PixelArt fun”

1. Nelson says:

The old Galactus is back! :-)

2. Luis says:

This is the kind of things that people can accomplish when someone gives a whole new deep sight to a problem and uses his own perspective to solve it.

3. Sergio says:

Hqx implementation only handles lookup tables for 2x, 3x and 4x, and it doesnt solve staircases as this algorithm does (I didnt implement the staircasing). See for example the authors’ comparison of their algorith agains hqx at 16x:

4. Aleix P. says:

You’re right! Staircases are nicely solved here, it looks great. Thanks for the link.

5. Si, da buenos resultados, tal vez pueda aplicarse a ciertos motivos precolombinos, tocaría ensayar.

6. tagae says:

Nice post and links, thanks Galactus!

7. tagae says:

Uhm. Question is: how come you came across this paper? I assume that it is not related to your job. It gives me the feeling that I should also be looking outside my main area of activities… there is much fun out there :-)

8. Sergio says:

I think it was posted on programming.reddit.com, if I’m not wrong

9. […] De una imagen en pixeles a una imagen mejorada [ING] blog.crazyrobot.net/?p=420  por evol hace 2 segundos […]

10. Logan Garant says:

great reaaaaaad thank you so much =]

11. Michael Becker says:

Amazing work,

I’m trying to implement the same algorithm by Johannes Kopf and Dani Lischinski in c#.

But I’m having problems in reshaping the pixel cell, did you use Voronoi’s algorithm? How did you procede?
    I’m having problems because my implementation of voronoi use only a point for each cell and doesn’t include the edges of my graph in the calculation.

Could you give me some help?

thanks

12. Sergio says:

Hi Michael, that part is a little bit tricky, I did code my own algorithm after studying the different cases (using pen and paper). There are not that many combinations of cells/contrasts so you dont have to code a general algorithm. I can send you the lisp code if you want (email me to sergio.garcia@gmail.com)